Friday 18 January 2013

Dove Silk Dry Aerosol Deodorant


When it comes to buying deodorants, I never know where to start. With so much on offer, there is always too much choice especially when you can’t remember which ones are good and which ones are rubbish. So, generally I tend to go with whatever is on offer at the time, much the same as I do with most other products. Dove Silk Dry Aerosol Deodorant was on offer for £1 when I bought it from Wilkinson.
The packaging for this product is quite bland and definitely doesn’t stand out on the shelf. The canister is mostly white, with the Dove logo on in blue and the product name on in gold. The cap to the canister is also in gold which matches some of the other text. While it isn’t overly feminine, it isn’t a masculine canister either but I found it to be really boring looking. Nothing about it stands out for me and I wouldn’t even go as far as to say that it looks remotely nice. Again, I bought it because of the price.
Dove Silk Dry claims to give 48 hour protection while improving the look and feel of underarm skin while gently taking care of skin after shaving. All of this information can be found on the back of the canister. The canister also gives directions for use which are: shake well and hold can 15cm away from the body then spray. Use in short bursts in a well-ventilated area. Obviously, anyone who has ever used a can like this will already know what to do but I guess they have to put it anyway.
So on first use, I was expecting this to be a pretty good product due to it coming from Dove. I sprayed the deodorant in the air first to check out the smell which was actually very pleasant. There isn’t too much of a scent to this deodorant but it does smell clean and fresh. So far so good. When using on my underarms, this is where the product doesn’t do so well. The first couple of times, I didn’t notice anything wrong particularly apart from the 48 hour protection definitely not standing true to its claim. This doesn’t even last 24 hours let alone 48. Anyway, I used this on a normal day and went to uni then came home. Same thing the next day but with work. The third day though, I had on a black vest top while I sprayed this and then I noticed when I took it off that it was covered in white powder. If I had been wearing something nicer than a vest top, I would have been extremely annoyed.
Deodorants should not leave white marks and because of this, I won’t be using this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment