Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lush Angel's Delight Soap


As part of my shopping splurge in the sales after Christmas at Lush, I picked up quite a few different things. I like to try something new and although I don’t use soap (always shower gel instead) very much, I decided to give Lush Angel’s Delight Soap a try. Now, this is another Lush product which is only available at Christmastime so if you want some, you will probably need to stock up for the year if you use it a lot.

Usually this product is sold in chunks although I got mine as part of a set which was on sale. My piece of soap comes in the shape of a star and is a lovely sugary pink colour. When sold in a chunk, there are other colours such as blue, yellow and purple running through the soap. I do think the larger chunks of soap are much prettier than the star shaped soap you get in the gift box.

Before even wetting the soap, you can smell how sweet it is. To me, the soap smells like a lovely chunk of sweets which is one of the reasons why I couldn’t wait to try using it. The soap contains coconut oil, rapeseed oil as well as tangerine oil amongst a range of other ingredients which is why it smells so sweet and nice. This has a very girly scent to it though so I can’t imagine too many men wanting to use it.

While using this in the shower, I was surprised at how well it lathers up. I wasn’t expecting a soap to get anywhere near as much lather as a shower gel but this one did really well. The warm, sweet scent of tangerines fills my bathroom each time I use this. The soap is very soft on the skin and the scent also clings to my skin. However, if you use any other product after this one, the scent will be overpowered but if you don’t, it will last on your skin all day.

I was also surprised to see that the soap doesn’t go down very quickly at all. I’ve been using this for a good few weeks now and the soap is barely any smaller than it was when I got it. Because of that, I think it would be fantastic value for money should it be bought in a larger chunk. I definitely want some more of this next year when it comes back into stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment