Friday 14 June 2013

Bourjois Liner Feutre


Although I absolutely love my regular pen eyeliner from Collection 2000, it wasn’t available recently so I had to pick something else. I thought I would splash out a bit and see what a more expensive brand was like in comparison. I bought the Bourjois Liner Feutre in black from Boots. The eyeliner cost £6.99 at the time of purchase. Bourjois claimed that this was ‘a soft felt-tip eyeliner for ultra easy application and long lasting effect.’

In regards to packaging, there isn’t any really. The eyeliner doesn’t come in a box or a packet but instead just sits there on the shelf. The outer casing to the pen in black and it has a slight bowed effect to it, with it being slimmer in the middle. The name of the product is printed on the casing in quite large white lettering as well as there being the Bourjois logo there as well. The only liner I have ever seen to come in a box was from MUA so I wasn’t surprised at the lack of packaging with this one.

Using the pen itself is like any other pen liner. After popping off the lid, you will find quite a large sized pen nib. However, the end of the nib thins out quite a bit which would make it possible to create both thick and thin lines, depending on the look you were going for. On first impressions, the nib looked extremely black and I was looking forward to using something quite a bit more expensive than my usual brand of eyeliner.

When it came to using the liner though, I cannot express just how disappointed I was. I began to draw on my eyeliner as I normally would but quickly realised that something was wrong. Barely any colour was coming off the nib and instead of it being really dark, it was a washed out black kind of colour. I purposely picked a pen from the back of the stack, as I always do with make-up but now I am unsure whether or not this had been used as a tester or this is just what the liner is like.

After several attempts to get a thick, dark line on my eye lid, I gave up. I had to remove what liner I did manage to get on my eyelid as there was no way I could make it look good or finished. Also, I didn’t want to have to attempt the other eye as well as the first looked bad enough. When paying £6.99 for a product, especially a pen eyeliner, this should not be happening. Even if this had been used as a tester, it must have been used a hell of a lot for it to get in this state. I’m used to having a pen liner with a lovely flow of the liquid and one which I have had for at least 6 months (with daily use) before it ever getting anywhere near to being in this state.

Due to my terrible first experience with Bourjois Liner Feutre, I will never be buying this product again, nor can I recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Such a nuisance when something doesn't live up to your expectations. I use a rimmel liquid one with a brush or a Catrice pen one I got ages ago, both are really good.

    ReplyDelete