Tuesday 6 August 2013

Sanctuary Intensive Rescue Heel Balm

I’m really prone to getting rough, hard skin on the heels of my feel and I have a hard time getting rid of it. As part of my Sanctuary gift set I was extremely pleased to see a bottle of the Sanctuary Intensive Rescue Heel Balm. Even though I have used all kinds of files etc, I hadn’t thought about using a cream or a balm to help with the hard skin. Sanctuary claims that this product is moisture-rich and tackles very dry skin.

As a Sanctuary product, you can find this at Boots or the Sanctuary Spa and it costs £7.50 for a 75ml bottle.

Unlike the majority of Sanctuary products, this one does not come in the usual orange packaging. Instead, the heel balm comes in a tube like bottle which has a light blue flip cap at the bottom and blue and black text printed on the front. It is only the Sanctuary logo that makes this look like a Sanctuary product and if it wasn’t for that, I would have thought this product to be from an extremely cheaper brand. It’s a shame this doesn’t have the same coloured packaging as other products from this brand as it means it doesn’t match other things in my bathroom.

The cream inside the tube is of a very thick consistency and is white in colour. As the flip cap is at the bottom, it only takes a little squeeze to get the cream out. On first use, I had no idea how much I was going to need in order for this product to start working and it turned out I used far too much. A little really does go quite a long way with this heel balm. You only need to use a small amount on each heel. The cream rubs in and soaks into even cracked heels extremely well and quickly. I ended up with cream being rubbed into the whole of my feet because I had used far too much the first time.

After using this for only a couple of days, I could instantly feel the different in the skin on the heels of my feet. At this point, my skin felt a hell of a lot softer and the cracks were not nearly as harsh as they had been before. When using this on a longer basis, it gives fantastic effects. After a couple of weeks, the skin had improved considerably and along with using a foot file, my heels were looking great. Within a couple of weeks, the cracks had nearly disappeared and the skin was really soft instead of hard and dry.


The only downfall that I can see with this product is the scent, or lack of. Instead of having the scent of regular Sanctuary products (which is one I love), the heel balm doesn’t really smell of anything. Although no one goes around smelling my feet, it would be nice to have a nice scent while using the product. For £7.50, this is an expensive foot product and while the small 75ml bottle does go a long way, it is quite basic for what it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment